Welcome to SciFinder-n
From January 2020, IITGN Library has moved from SciFinder to SciFinder-n. SciFinder-n is the latest interface of SciFinder and it offers many new functions and improvements compared to previous interfaces: more intuitive user interface, improved text search processing, parallel use in multiple browser tabs, analysis and filtering of large numbers of hits, tool for synthesis planning, similarity search in reactions, PatentPak and display of Markush structures among others.
More about SciFinder-n here
Moving from SciFinder to SciFinder-n & New Registration
If you already have a SciFinder account, you will be able to log in to SciFinder-n via the new platform and do not need to set up a new account.
If you are new to SciFInder-n, please register here
Please follow the instructions & fill up the form. To set up an account,
- Use your IITGN email address to ensure access.
- Registration is not complete until you respond to the confirmation email.
Use this link to access SciFinder-n: https://scifinder-n.cas.org
Key New Features
SciFinder-n provides access to a variety of different sources of chemical information. Here are a few of the features you may find helpful:
- Supports searching in multiple tabs
- Structure Searching - Draw or upload structures to perform exact, substructure, or similarity searches
- Substance Searching - Find chemical information by keyword CAS registry numbers, or patent number.
- Reaction Searching
- Reference Search
- Retrosynthesis Planning
- Citation Mapping
- Full access to PatentPak (annotated full-text patents)
- Access to Methods Now-Synthesis
- Ranks searches by relevance
- Saves past searches in "History"
Databases Included in SciFinder-n
- CAPlus - Bibliographic entries from Chemical Abstracts back to 1907. Over 1,500 core chemical journals are included, as well as patents, books, conference proceedings, etc.
- MEDLINE - Bibliographic entries in the medical sciences back to 1949
- CAS REGISTRY - Chemicals and biochemical sequences searchable by name, number, formula, or structure, with experimental and predicted property data.
- CHEMLIST - Registry of regulated chemicals.
- CHEMCATS - Chemical supplier catalogs.
- CASREACsT - Individually indexed reaction schemes back to 1840.
- MARPAT - Searchable Markush structures from patents covered by CAS from 1988.
- CIN (Chemical Industry Notes) - Bibliographic entries from chemical industry trade publications from 1974.
Please visit the SciFindern webinar page to register for upcoming webinars or access these recordings.
On-demand SciFindern webinars (each
- Substance searching
- Reaction searching
- Reference searching
- Retrosynthesis planning
- Polymer searching
- Biological content searching
- SciFinder-n FAQ
- Content at a Glance
- SciFinder-n Quick Reference Guide
- SciFinder-n Help
- Watch our video collection of SciFindern How-To videos and bookmark the page
CAS- ASCI in India Email: firstname.lastname@example.org